Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Graduate Student - Katy Bell

Katy Bell



Katy's styling work for the Pulse shoot.

Katy Bell studied HNC/D Fashion Business at Adam Smith College then completed a Fashion Design for Industry Degree at Heriot Watt University. She has just secured funding and is about to open her own fashion business soon . . .

1. What are you doing in the meantime?

I am currently a concession manager for The Dune group in Dundee. I was approached whilst being an Assistant Manager at Oasis and offered me an interview which was great. The experience of running a pop up shop in Camden, London whilst I was at Uni put me in a good position.

2. What did you do after leaving Adam Smith?

I left college and entered 3rd year of the degree programme at Galashiels. This was a big challenge but I loved it and the hard work. I am most proud of completing and showing a full catwalk collection and was really happy with the final outcome. It felt like a huge achievement.


3. What has given you the taste for being a fashion entrepreneur?

Thirteen of us were given a great opportunity, to show our final year Uni pieces at a pop up shop in Camden for a month. The experience was fantastic. I learned a lot and sold some garments. The shop was an empty shell and our team had to organise fixtures, fittings etc, transport our collections and run the store. It was a real eye opener and great fun. I have done some styling work too which I really enjoyed and is closely related.

4. What is next for you?

The excitement is building for opening my own store and I am at the stage of negotiating premises. I'll keep you posted on how I am getting on.

Thanks Katy and good luck. We look forward to seeing the store.


No comments:

Post a Comment