Monday, 27 June 2011

Heather Adamson - HND Fashion Design and Production with Retail

Photography: Hazel Terry


Fashion: Heather Adamson. Photography: Walter Neilson




Q1. Hi



Hi, I'm Heather Adamson, 21, from Kirkcaldy in Scotland, UK.



Q2. What was your inspiration behind the garments selected for the show?



I was interpreting a fashion prediction entitled 'Clearness' that was all about movement and constraint. The classic shape of the jacket and skirt with rouleau features are about that. My project was based on the high street brand H&M and was aiming at the 20 year old. The 18-25 year old market have played a positive fashion role during the recession and I wanted to create an outfit that was versatile and affordable but still fashionable.



Q3. What will you take with you from your time in our fashion department?



There is a wide breadth of subjects that are easy to learn because they all link together in some way. You need to concentrate and make your own links within the projects which is hard work but it is fun. I have had amazing opportunities at the college. One of the best one was seeing London based designer Professor Julian Roberts in our college atrium showing a big audience his subtractional cutting technique. It was amazing and a very different day altogether which encouraged me to try it myself. I have met some amazing people during my 3 years here.



Q4. What are you doing next?



I am off to Heriot Watt University Borders Campus to study International Fashion Retailing. This will be a challenge too as I am going straight into third year. Looking forward to it a lot.





Q5. What advice do you have for future fashion students?



Take advantage of every opportunity and really listen to the lecturers, they know what they are talking about and have helped me and fellow students reach their different goals. The time flies by so listen hard and enjoy the work. Have fun!


Thank you Heather. Good luck at University. We will miss your professional approach to your project work, submission deadlines and being class rep! Awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment