Thursday, 14 July 2011

Rachel Walker - HND Fashion Design and Production with Retail

Fashion: Rachel Walker. Photography: Hazel Terry



Q1 Hello.


Hi, I am Rachel Walker aged 19 from Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.


Q2. What was the inspiration behind your collection this year?


My main design project was aimed at a more mature NEXT customer and I wanted to focus on an updated classic using simple shapes with intesting colour, pattern and drape. I developed a theme called Vibrancy and for the jacket used a classic black and aubergine colour palette updated with a bold, textured lining. There was a dash of metallic silver to lift the mix. The draped skirt was a liquid satin in plum. Spring darks can be very sophisticated and sexy especially with rosy skin tones.


Q3. What have you enjoyed most about your time at Adam Smith College?


I have had a great experience here. Making a strong group of friends has been fantastic and supported me during any high pressure moments. These friends really boosted my confidence and helped do well.


Q4. What is next for you Rachel?


I am off to study a degree in Fashion Business at Glasgow Caledonian University. I gained a third year entry place and am really excited about the future. I will be moving to the city and can't wait to meet lots of new people and try to cope with whatever challenges lie ahead!


Q5. What advice would you give future fashion students?


Make the most of your course. At the end of the day it really is up to you to do the work and get as much as you can from each lecture. Enjoy the work ahead of you and please, please stick to deadlines. It really is for your own benefit to do this as getting behind only adds to the pressure.


Many thanks Rachel and good luck at GCU. We will miss your creativity, sharp analytical mind and laughter.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Have a great time at Glasgow and keep in touch.
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete