Thursday, 4 August 2011

Graduate Student - Roisin Ferguson III





More from Roisin Ferguson . . . . . .


Q6. Who or what inspires you?


I love all things quirky, courageous and imaginative. I love obscure magazines like 'Oh Comely' that seeks out beauty and intrigue in the everyday and mundane. Photography is about capturing a passing moment that will soon be lost. I am fascinated by Tim Burton, Marilyn Monroe and Vivienne Westwood and am inspired by a blend of aesthetic beauty and the downright strange. I try to reflect this in my own work and when selcting items for photo shoots. imagination isn't something you should leave behind in childhood.


Q7. What is next for you?


I hope to complete my degree with a high mark and after that be part of a creative team within a fashion magazine, in particular: Wonderland, I.D., Pop or Oh Comely. I'd love to be behind the lens or styling photoshoots one day. I love fashion and think that the mad and unpredictable lifestyle would suit me. I do appreciate how challenging it is to get a great fashion job but I embrace everything that is involved in getting there! Quality of work, commitment and respect from colleagues are all things needed to be successful in the fashion industry and I am striving for these to help me progress. I hope to be good enough to get there.


Many thanks Rosie for your insight. Good luck with your course and future plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment