Thursday, 3 November 2011

Textile History

embroidered wool and silk wall hanging

manual operated jaquard loom

Hazel and I were at the National Museum of Scotland on Wednesday with the NC students...As I learned to weave as part of my degree course at GSA, and have fond memories of the looms and warping up threads, I particulary loved the exhibits that explained the rich history of the Scottish textile industry...

I know that many of our HNC students are really getting into their textile technology units, and they might be interested in going over to Edinburgh to the museum to discover our textile roots.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to visit the museum. Will speak to our manager for an HN design sourcing trip soon. may even find some 'Mysterious' inspiration there too. Cx

    ReplyDelete