Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Comme des Garçons

I left my heart aching in London at Dover Street Market for one of the jackets from the Comme des Garcons A/W 2012 13 collection...adorable and so cute!...you may not have the same intensity of feeling about the pieces as I do, but the collection allows us to consider some interesting questions...

 how do you cut those displaced armholes?...
how does that collar sit so high up on the neckline?...

how do you get so much volume in the shape of the coat?..
where would I start if I wanted to cut this pattern?...
is that a circle?...

would that make me look really big?...
who would wear these garments?...

what would be the reaction if I wore that downtown Kirkcaldy?...
I wonder what the designer is saying here about shape, body and garment?...

how will this translate in a season or two in the High Street stores?...
I love those seams, could I put seams like that on one of my garments?...

...I wonder what are the other collections are like?...

1 comment: