Sunday 13 May 2012

Steve Nakamura




The impossibly pink world of the Harajuku Girl is a particularly alien world of brightly coloured toys, The insanely vivid clothing and style is the contemporary equivalent to the wizard of Oz's leap into technicolour. The images above are all from the portfolio of art director and London  Central St Martins graduate Steve Nakamura.
   "I like to focus on projects that can make Japan look unique. There happens to be many things that I've created around Harajuku, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the area develops in the future. I think nowadays, people in Japan are becoming very conservative - maybe last year's earthquake also has some effect on that. But I think the Japan has its own style, which should be explored more. Life is short, so it's better to do what you think is truly interesting." Steve Nakamura

No comments:

Post a Comment