Friday 22 February 2013

Alan Taylor I




I am really excited by the fresh approaches to menswear that are surfacing in this years collections. Here are some of Alan Taylor's AW 2013 collections with beautiful wool and tweeds treated to some sharp asymmetric tailoring and unusual styling such as the slash elbows.

"A friend of mine who was on my course recommend Magee Tweed to me and I just loved what they were doing and I liked the idea of working with an Irish company. They are incredible. It is a sixth generation family Mill, so much heritage but they are doing some amazingly innovative things with the tweeds. For my last collection, I used a mix that is woven using the classic tweed techniques but with an added silk yarn, so it is much lighter and much more breathable. I was blown away. It was the same again this season when the Head Designer proudly brought out the latest tweeds. They were amazing. I just had to have them."

Alan Taylor's collection has beautiful clean elegant lines and has bold diversification of the traditional male silhouette and to this end he has used and restyled the kilt.
In autumn 2012 he told ID; "I want to make an ‘Alan Taylor’ kilt – a very masculine and understated garment that, when he puts it on, the wearer is so comfortable with the idea of wearing that he completely forgets he is wearing it at all." Alan Taylor
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment